Max Rady College of Medicine
Term: Hospital Cost per Weighted Case (CPWC or CWC)
Last Updated: 2015-05-12
These are expected costs for hospitalizations derived from a case-mix weighting system that groups similar hospitalization records in terms of the amount of hospital resources required and the complexity of medical care patients received during their hospital stay.
The CPWC is calculated as the ratio of the hospital's patient costs for the year, divided by its total weighted cases.
- Calculating Hospital Costs Using Cost Per Weighted Case (CPWC) / Cost of a Standard Hospital Stay (CSHS) Values
- Cost Per Weighted Case (CPWC or CWC)
- Hospital Statistics Form (HS1)
- Refined Diagnosis Related Groups (RDRG®)
- Relative Case Weights (RCW)
- Specific Case Costs
- Martens P, Nickel N, Forget E, Lix L, Turner D, Prior H, Walld R, Soodeen RA, Rajotte L, Ekuma O. The Cost of Smoking: A Manitoba Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2015. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] [Additional Materials] (View)
Term used in
- Lloyd M, Shanahan M, Brownell M, Roos NP. Hospital Case Mix Costing Project 1991/92: Methodological Appendix. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy and Evaluation, 1995. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Shanahan M, Steinbach C, Burchill C, Friesen D, Black C. A Project to Investigate Provincial Expenditures on Health Care to Manitobans: A POPULIS Project. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy and Evaluation, 1997. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Shanahan M, Lloyd M, Roos NP, Brownell M. Hospital Case Mix Costing Project 1991/92. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy and Evaluation, 1994. [Report] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada