Term: Length of Stay Categories
Last Updated: 2007-09-26
There are 8 categories for grouping LOS: (1) 1-8 days, (2) 9-14 days, (3) 15-22 days, (4) 23-59 days, (5) 60-89 days, (6) 90-179 days, (7) 180-365 days, and (8) 365 days or more.
- Average Length of Stay (ALOS)
- Indicators of Differential Utilization
- Length of Stay (LOS)
- Short Stay (Care)
- Utilization of Hospital Resources
- Black C, Roos NP, Burchill CA. Utilization of Hospital Resources. Volume II: Methods and Tables. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy and Evaluation, 1993. [Report] (View)
- Frohlich N, Markesteyn T, Roos NP, Carriere KC, Black C, De Coster C, Burchill CA, MacWilliam L. A Report on the Health Status, Socio-Economic Risk and Health Care Use of the Manitoba Population, 1992-93 and Overview of the 1990-91 to 1992-93 Findings. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy and Evaluation, 1994. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada