Max Rady College of Medicine
Term: Manitoba Heart Health Survey (MHHS) Data
Last Updated: 2014-06-24
The Manitoba Heart Health Survey (MHHS) is a cross-sectional survey of a representative sample of non-institutionalized Manitoba residents (including First Nation community residents) between the ages of 18 and 74 years. It was conducted as a part of the Canadian Heart Health Initiative to estimate the prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors and to ascertain the level of cardiovascular-related knowledge among Canadians. Sociodemographic information, chronic disease history, measures of hypertension, and cardiovascular risk factors were collected via interviewer-administered questionnaires and clinic visits.
For more information on MHHS data, see the:
Manitoba Heart Health Survey Data Description
that contains a brief summary of the content of the data set and information on the Source Agency, Purpose, Years, Type, Size, Data Level, Components, Scope, Data Collection Method, Data Highlights, Data Cautions, Access Requirements, More Information, and Last Updated date;
- MCHP Metadata Repository - Manitoba Heart Health Survey - [Internal Access Only] - for technical and programming related information, including an Overview, Data Model, Data Quality, Data Dictionary, Documents and Reports, and Blog.
- Binge Drinking - Measuring Prevalence
- Francophone Manitobans Cohort - Methodology
- Obesity: Measuring Prevalence Using Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Physical Activity During Leisure Time - Measuring Prevalence
- Stroke - Measuring Prevalence
- Fransoo R, Martens P, Prior H, Chateau D, McDougall C, Schultz J, McGowan K, Soodeen R, Bailly A. Adult Obesity in Manitoba: Prevalence, Associations, and Outcomes. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2011. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Term used in
- Chartier M, Finlayson G, Prior H, McGowan K, Chen H, de Rocquigny J, Walld R, Gousseau M. Health and Healthcare Utilization of Francophones in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Martens P, Nickel N, Forget E, Lix L, Turner D, Prior H, Walld R, Soodeen RA, Rajotte L, Ekuma O. The Cost of Smoking: A Manitoba Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2015. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada