Last Updated: 2013-10-04
The process of evaluating requests for placement into a personal care home. Such requests may originate either from a Home Care employee or from an individual and/or their family. (Roos et al. (2001)).
If a patient is in hospital during this process, the patient should be coded as ALC Reason Code 11 during the assessment phase and ALC Reason Code 12 as of the date that PCH placement is deemed to be appropriate (Fransoo et al. (2013)).
See the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) web site: Paneling Process for more information.
- Assessment for Personal Care Home (PCH) Placement
- Assessment Panels
- Continuing Care
- Home Care Program
- Panelled Days
- Panelling Date / Panel Date
- Personal Care Home (PCH)
- Fransoo R, Martens P, The Need to Know Team, Prior H, Burchill C, Koseva I, Rajotte L. Who is in our Hospitals.and why? Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2013. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Roos NP, Stranc L, Peterson S, Mitchell L, Bogdanovic B, Shapiro E. A Look at Home Care in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2001. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Roos NP, Mitchell L, Peterson S, Shapiro E. Perspectives on Home Care Data Requirements. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2001. [Report] (View)
- Chateau D, Doupe M, Walld R, Soodeen R, Ouelette C, Rajotte L. Projecting Personal Care Home Bed Equivalent Needs in Manitoba Through 2036. Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada