Max Rady College of Medicine
Last Updated: 2010-10-05
Pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs caused by a bacterial, viral, or fungal infection. Lobar pneumonia affects a section (lobe) of a lung. Bronchial pneumonia (or bronchopneumonia) affects patches throughout both lungs. Bacterial pneumonia in adults is commonly caused by a bacterium called Streptococcus pneumoniae or Pneumococcus. See
MedlinePlus® - Health Topics - Pneumonia
for more information.
MCHP has used the following ICD-9-CM codes to identify pneumonia: 481, 482, 483, 485, and 486.
- Haemophilus Influenza Type B (Hib)
- Immunizations for Pneumonia / Pneumococcal Immunization
- Infectious Disease
- Infectious Disease Indicators
- International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, with Clinical Modifications (ICD-9-CM)
- Pneumococcal Disease
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Fransoo R, Martens P, The Need to Know Team, Burland E, Prior H, Burchill C, Chateau D, Walld R. Sex Differences in Health Status, Health Care Use, and Quality of Care: A Population-Based Analysis for Manitoba's Regional Health Authorities. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2005. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
Term used in
- Garland A, Fransoo R, Olafson K, Ramsey C, Yogendran M, Chateau D, McGowan K. The Epidemiology and Outcomes of Critical Illness in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Hilderman T, Katz A, Derksen S, McGowan K, Chateau D, Kurbis C, Allison S, Reimer JN. Manitoba Immunization Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2011. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Kozyrskyj A, Raymond C, Dahl M, Ekuma O, Schultz J, Sklepowich M, Bond R. Effects of Manitoba Pharmacare Formulary Policy on Utilization of Prescription Medications. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2009. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada