Term: Spatial Analysis
Last Updated: 2006-06-01
The study of human activity (e.g. utilization of hospital resources) within a defined space or geographical area. This particular term is not generally used in MCHP literature though this type of analysis is part of most of our research.
- Population Estimates and Comparison of Data Sources
- Postal Codes and Coding Methods in Manitoba Health Claims Data
- Small Area Analysis (SAA)
- Roos LL, Nicol JP. A research registry: uses, development, and accuracy. J Clin Epidemiol 1999;52(1):39-47. [Abstract] (View)
- Roos LL, Mustard CA, Nicol JP, McLerran DF, Malenka DJ, Young TK, Cohen MM. Registries and administrative data: organization and accuracy. Med Care 1993;31(3):201-212. [Abstract] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada