Term: Injury Hospitalization Causes
Last Updated: 2010-08-11
These are the most frequent causes of hospitalization due to injury for Manitobans. Causes of injury were identified from the hospital abstract and grouped into injury categories according to the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) system. Causes of injury were coded in ICD-9-CM codes prior to April 1, 2004 and then coded in ICD-10-CA codes after that date. Injuries coded in ICD-10-CA were converted to ICD-9-CM codes before grouping them into injury categories. See the
Injury Categories (External Causes, ICD-9-CM)
glossary term for a list of all the injury categories.
Excluded from the count of hospitalizations due to injury are those related to medical error and drug complications. For a more detailed list of exclusions, see the External Cause of Injury Codes and Categories concept.
- External Cause of Injury Codes and Injury Categories
- Health Indicators: Indicators of Health Status and Healthcare Use
- Causes of Ambulatory Visits
- Causes of Death
- Causes of Hospitalization / Causes of Inpatient Hospitalization (Acute Care)
- Causes of Injury Hospitalization
- Injury Categories (External Causes, ICD-9-CM)
- Injury Hospitalization Rate
- Injury Hospitalizations
- Injury Mortality
- Martens PJ, Bartlett J, Burland E, Prior H, Burchill C, Huq S, Romphf L, Sanguins J, Carter S, Bailly A. Profile of Metis Health Status and Healthcare Utilization in Manitoba: A Population-Based Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2010. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Chartier M, Finlayson G, Prior H, McGowan K, Chen H, de Rocquigny J, Walld R, Gousseau M. Health and Healthcare Utilization of Francophones in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada