Term: Healthy Baby Prenatal Benefit Program
Last Updated: 2010-11-18
A program run by the Province of Manitoba Healthy Baby Program that offers income supplement for pregnant women who live in Manitoba and have a net family income of less than $32,000. Benefits start in the second trimester of pregnancy and end in the month the baby is due. A sliding scale, based on income, is used to calculate the monthly benefits. It ranges from $10.00 to $81.41 per month (Healthy Child Manitoba, 2010).
- Healthy Baby Community Support Program Data
- Healthy Baby Prenatal Benefit Data
- Healthy Baby Program
- Healthy Child Manitoba (HCM)
- Prenatal Care Visits (PCV) / Prenatal Care (PNC) / Prenatal Doctor Visits
- Brownell M, Chartier M, Au W, Schultz J. Evaluation of the Healthy Baby Program. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2010. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Heaman M, Kingston D, Helewa M, Brownell M, Derksen S, Bogdanovic B, McGowan K, Bailly A. Perinatal Services and Outcomes in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada