Term: Critical Illness
Last Updated: 2012-04-20
Refers to any type of acute medical condition that by its nature and/or severity threatens life or limb or negatively affects the ability of the vital organs to perform their functions.
- Episodes of Care: Methodology of Creating Hospital and ICU (Critical Illness) Episodes
- Record Linkage in Manitoba
- Critical Illness-Based Rate of ICU Care
- Estimated ICU Admission Pool (EIAP)
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Special Care Unit (SCU)
- Garland A, Fransoo R, Olafson K, Ramsey C, Yogendran M, Chateau D, McGowan K. The Epidemiology and Outcomes of Critical Illness in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada