Term: Maternal Substance Abuse
Last Updated: 2012-11-05
A composite variable from the Families First Screening Form that identifies if the mother self-reported either smoking, alcohol consumption or illicit drug use during pregnancy.
See the Substance Use by Mother During Pregnancy glossary term for more information.
- Families First Screen (FFS) / Screening Form
- Illicit Drug Use
- Prenatal Alcohol Use / Alcohol Consumption During Pregnancy
- Prenatal and Family Risk Factors
- Prenatal Smoking / Smoking During Pregnancy
- Substance Use by Mother During Pregnancy
- Substance Use Disorders / Substance Abuse
- Heaman M, Kingston D, Helewa M, Brownell M, Derksen S, Bogdanovic B, McGowan K, Bailly A. Perinatal Services and Outcomes in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada