Term: Causes of Hospital Days Used
Last Updated: 2013-10-30
This indicator measures the distribution or frequency of reasons for hospital days used during inpatient hospitalizations and day surgeries in a fiscal year, based on most responsible diagnosis. This indicator is grouped according to International Classification of Diseases (ICD) chapters, and the most frequent causes are shown for each Regional Health Authority (RHA) and the province overall.
For more detailed information, see:
7.8 Causes of Hospital Days Used
in Fransoo et al. (2013); and
- the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) Chapters glossary term.
- Causes of Death
- Causes of Hospital Days Used for Acute Care
- Causes of Hospitalization / Causes of Inpatient Hospitalization (Acute Care)
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD) Chapters
- Most Responsible Diagnosis
- Fransoo R, Martens P, The Need to Know Team, Prior H, Burchill C, Koseva I, Bailly A, Allegro E. The 2013 RHA Indicators Atlas. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2013. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada