Term: Landing Date
Last Updated: 2022-12-08
The date an individual receives their Permanent Residency (PR) status in Canada (previously known as Landed Immigrant). The Landing Date is the date when an individual enters Canada through a port of entry with a valid passport and Canada Immigration PR Visa. On this date an individual is considered “Landed” in Canada. The information in the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Permanent Resident database is last updated at the port of entry (e.g., changes in marital status since the original application). An individual’s Landing Date may differ from their date of arrival in Canada as many immigrants first come to Canada as temporary residents and then apply for permanent residency status.
Landing date (LANDING_DT) is a variable that can be found in the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Permanent Resident Database data, in both the LEGACY LANDING and LANDING files.
- Duration of Residence
- Immigration / Migration Overview - Links to Immigration / Migration Data and Related Concepts and Glossary Terms
- Number of Years of Permanent Residence in Manitoba
- Arrival Date
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Permanent Resident Database
- Intended Destination
- Urquia M, Walld R, Prior H, Detillieux G, Eze N, Koseva I. The Diversity of Immigrants to Manitoba, Migration Dynamics and Basic Healthcare Service Use. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2020. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Ewesesan R, Chartier MJ, Nickel NC, Wall-Wieler E, Urquia ML. Psychosocial and behavioral health indicators among immigrant and non-immigrant recent mothers. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2022;22(1):612. [Abstract] (View)
- Urquia ML, Walld R, Wanigaratne S, Eze ND, Azimaee M, McDonald JT, Guttmann A. Linking national immigration data to provincial repositories: The case of Canada. Int J Popul Data Sci 2021;6(1):1412. [Abstract] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada