Term: Ambulatory Care
Last Updated: 2009-04-09
Medical services provided on an outpatient service. This includes: day surgery procedures, emergency department services and services provided in outpatient clinics such as rehabilitation and diagnostic services.
In previous research, this term was used interchangeably with Ambulatory Visits - Physician.
- Ambulatory Visits - Physician
- Ambulatory Visits to Specialists / Ambulatory Specialist Visits
- Day Surgery / Outpatient Surgery
- Emergency Department (ED)
- National Ambulatory Care Reporting System (NACRS)
- Finlayson G, Reimer J, Dahl M, Stargardter M, McGowan K. The Direct Cost of Hospitalizations in Manitoba, 2005/06. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2009. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Doupe M, Kozyrskyj A, Soodeen R, Derksen S, Burchill C, Huq S. An Initial Analysis of Emergency Departments and Urgent Care in Winnipeg. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2008. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Katz A, De Coster C, Bogdanovic B, Soodeen R, Chateau D. Using Administrative Data to Develop Indicators of Quality in Family Practice. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2004. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Roos NP, Fransoo R, Bogdanovic B, Friesen D, Frohlich N, Carriere KC, Patton D, Wall R. Needs-Based Planning for Manitoba's Generalist Physicians . Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy and Evaluation, 1996. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Tataryn DJ, Roos NP, Black CD. Utilization of physician resources for ambulatory care. Med Care 1995;33(12 Suppl):DS84-DS99. [Abstract] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada