Term: Ambulatory Visits to Specialists/ Ambulatory Specialist Visits
Last Updated: 2020-01-15
The average number of ambulatory visits (including consultations) made to specialist physicians per resident per year. Specialist physicians include all internal medicine specialists, pediatricians, psychiatrists, obstetricians & gynecologists, and surgeons.
Different lists were used in MCHP research, for more information see:
Section 6.4 - Ambulatory Visits to Specialists
in Fransoo et al. (2009).
- Ambulatory Specialist Visits from Katz et al. (2019) deliverable and Technical Definitions of Indicators and Drug Codes from online supplement material from Katz et al. (2019).
Note: For more information, please read the Ambulatory Visits concept.
- Ambulatory Care
- Ambulatory Care Physician Visits
- Ambulatory Care Visit
- Ambulatory Consultation Rate
- Ambulatory Visit Rates to Specialists
- Ambulatory Visits - Primary Care Provider / Ambulatory Primary Care Visits
- Ambulatory Visits by Age and Sex
- Causes of Ambulatory Visits
- Specialist (physician)
- Specialist Contact Rate
- Specialist Visit Rates
- Fransoo R, Martens P, Burland E, The Need to Know Team, Prior H, Burchill C. Manitoba RHA Indicators Atlas 2009. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2009. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Katz A, Avery Kinew K, Star L, Taylor C, Koseva I, Lavoie J, Burchill C, Urquia M, Basham A, Rajotte L, Ramayanam V, Jarmasz J, Burchill S. The Health Status of and Access to Healthcare by Registered First Nation Peoples in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2019. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Fransoo R, Mahar A, The Need to Know Team, Anderson A, Prior H, Koseva I, McCulloch S, Jarmasz J, Burchill S. The 2019 RHA Indicators Atlas. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2019. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada