Last Updated: 2014-11-13
Any live born newborn hospitalization (newborn hospitalizations are defined with ICD-9-CM codes V30 to V39) indicating partial or exclusive breastfeeding initiation.
NOTE: Since April 1, 1987, breastfeeding initiation can be derived from the newborn feeding variable (NBFEEDNG or NWB_FEED) in the hospital discharge abstracts data.
See the Breastfeeding Initiation glossary term for more information.
- Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI)
- Breastfeeding Duration Rate
- Breastfeeding Initiation
- Breastfeeding Initiation Rate
- Brownell M, Martens PJ, Kozyrskyj A, Fergusson P, Lerfald J, Mayer T, Derksen S, Friesen D. Assessing the Health of Children in Manitoba: A Population-Based Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy and Evaluation, 2001. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Brownell M, Roos NP, Fransoo R, Guevremont A, MacWilliam L, Derksen S, Dik N, Bogdanovic B, Sirski M. How Do Educational Outcomes Vary With Socioeconomic Status? Key Findings from the Manitoba Child Health Atlas 2004. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2004. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Martens PJ, Bond R, Jebamani L, Burchill C, Roos NP, Derksen S, Beaulieu M, Steinbach C, MacWilliam L, Walld R, Dik N, Sanderson D, Health Information and Research Committee AoMC, Tanner-Spence M, Leader A, Elias B, O'Neil J. The Health and Health Care Use of Registered First Nations People Living in Manitoba: A Population-Based Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2002. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Martens PJ, Fransoo R, The Need to Know Team, Burland E, Jebamani L, Burchill C, Black C, Dik N, MacWilliam L, Derksen S, Walld R, Steinbach C, Dahl M. The Manitoba RHA Indicators Atlas: Population-Based Comparison of Health and Health Care Use. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2003. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Martens PJ, Derksen S, Mayer T, Walld R. Being born in Manitoba: a look at perinatal health issues. Can J Public Health 2002;93 Suppl 2(2 Suppl):S33-S38. [Abstract] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada