Term: Diabetes Treatment Prevalence
Last Updated: 2020-05-15
The number of individuals with at least two physician visits or one hospitalization with a diabetes diagnosis (ICD-9-CM = 250; ICD-10-CA = E10 - E14) within a three-year period.
Other research has defined this differently using medications and laboratory testing. Please see the Diabetes - Measuring Prevalence concept for more information.
- Ambulatory Physician Visits
- Diabetes / Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetes Care: Prevalence of Annual Eye Exams
- Diabetes Incidence
- Diabetes Prevalence
- Type I Diabetes Mellitus
- Brownell M, Lix L, Ekuma O, Derksen S, Dehaney S, Bond R, Fransoo R, MacWilliam L, Bodnarchuk J. Why is the Health Status of Some Manitobans Not Improving? The Widening Gap in the Health Status of Manitobans. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2003. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Fransoo R, Martens P, The Need to Know Team, Burland E, Prior H, Burchill C, Chateau D, Walld R. Sex Differences in Health Status, Health Care Use, and Quality of Care: A Population-Based Analysis for Manitoba's Regional Health Authorities. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2005. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Martens PJ, Bond R, Jebamani L, Burchill C, Roos NP, Derksen S, Beaulieu M, Steinbach C, MacWilliam L, Walld R, Dik N, Sanderson D, Health Information and Research Committee AoMC, Tanner-Spence M, Leader A, Elias B, O'Neil J. The Health and Health Care Use of Registered First Nations People Living in Manitoba: A Population-Based Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2002. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Watson D, Bogdanovic B, Heppner P, Katz A, Reid RJ, Roos NP. Supply, Availability and Use of Family Physicians in Winnipeg. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2003. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada