Term: Lower Respiratory Tract Infection (LRTI)
Last Updated: 2008-11-17
Infection affecting the lower part of the breathing system (the breathing tubes and lungs). The diagnosis-based definition for five years of age and older is at least one diagnosis over one year for lower respiratory tract infection. The definition for age less than five years of age is at least one diagnosis over one year for lower respiratory tract infection, as defined above, or Asthma.
For a list of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CA diagnoses codes used to identify Lower Respiratory Tract Infection (LRTI) in the Child Health Atlas Update (2008), please see the Links section below.
- International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, with Canadian Enhancements (ICD-10-CA)
- International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, with Clinical Modifications (ICD-9-CM)
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Brownell M, Martens PJ, Kozyrskyj A, Fergusson P, Lerfald J, Mayer T, Derksen S, Friesen D. Assessing the Health of Children in Manitoba: A Population-Based Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy and Evaluation, 2001. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Brownell M, Roos NP, Fransoo R, Guevremont A, MacWilliam L, Derksen S, Dik N, Bogdanovic B, Sirski M. How Do Educational Outcomes Vary With Socioeconomic Status? Key Findings from the Manitoba Child Health Atlas 2004. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2004. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Brownell M, De Coster C, Penfold R, Derksen S, Au W, Schultz J, Dahl M. Manitoba Child Health Atlas Update. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2008. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada