Term: Wards of the Public Trustee / Public Trustee Wards
Last Updated: 2013-06-05
Wards of the Public Trustee are individuals of any age who cannot look after their own financial and other affairs who become the responsibility of the government's Public Trustee Office. This includes mentally incompetent adults or vulnerable adults who are not mentally capable of making decisions independently, people who have granted a Power of Attorney to The Public Trustee, people who have died in Manitoba with no one else capable or willing to act as administrator or executor, and people who are under 18 years of age or under a legal disability (The Public Trustee of Manitoba, 2012).
Source: The Public Trustee of Manitoba Web site - The Public Trustee of Manitoba - accessed August 2, 2012.
NOTE: Because the Public Trustee Office is totally responsible for such persons, their address of record in the Manitoba Health Insurance Registry is that of the Public Trustee Office. When looking at regional utilization, it should be noted that these individuals may represent a sizable portion of the Winnipeg core area and, possibly, Brandon populations.
- The Public Trustee of Manitoba. The Public Trustee of Manitoba. http://www.gov.mb.ca/publictrustee/index.html. Accessed August 2, 2012.(View)
- Brownell M, Chartier M, Santos R, Ekuma O, Au W, Sarkar J, MacWilliam L, Burland E, Koseva I, Guenette W. How are Manitoba's Children Doing? Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Fransoo R, Martens P, The Need to Know Team, Prior H, Burchill C, Koseva I, Rajotte L. Who is in our Hospitals.and why? Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2013. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Martens PJ, Fransoo R, McKeen N, The Need to Know Team, Burland E, Jebamani L, Burchill C, De Coster C, Ekuma O, Prior H, Chateau D, Robinson R, Metge C. Patterns of Regional Mental Illness Disorder Diagnoses and Service Use in Manitoba: A Population-Based Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2004. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Smith M, Finlayson G, Martens P, Dunn J, Prior H, Taylor C, Soodeen RA, Burchill C, Guenette W, Hinds A. Social Housing in Manitoba. Part II: Social Housing and Health in Manitoba: A First Look. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2013. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada