Term: Separation Rates-Total
Last Updated: 2006-11-08
The rate of hospitalizations / separations per 1,000 area residents in a fiscal year, counting all cases for which a hospital discharge abstract is created (all inpatients, whether short or long stay, plus day surgery cases). Multiple admissions of the same person are counted as separate events. Values are adjusted to reflect the total population of Manitoba (males and females combined).
- Hospital Separation Rate
- Hospitalization Rates
- Separation Rates for Day Surgery
- Separation Rates for Inpatient Care
- Separation Rates for Long Stays (30+ days)
- Separation Rates for Short Stays (0 to 29 days)
- Fransoo R, Martens P, The Need to Know Team, Burland E, Prior H, Burchill C, Chateau D, Walld R. Sex Differences in Health Status, Health Care Use, and Quality of Care: A Population-Based Analysis for Manitoba's Regional Health Authorities. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2005. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada