Term: Vaginal Birth After Caesarean Section (VBAC) Rate
Last Updated: 2009-02-12
This is the percent of women giving birth vaginally who had previously had at least one delivery by C-Section. Data comes from the hospital records.
For a list of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CA diagnoses codes used to identify Vaginal Birth After Caesarean Section (VBAC) in the Child Health Atlas Update (2008), please see the Links section below.
- Caesarean Section (C-Section) Rate
- Caesarean Section / Cesarean Section (C-Section)
- International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, with Canadian Enhancements (ICD-10-CA)
- International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, with Clinical Modifications (ICD-9-CM)
- Vaginal Birth after Caesarean Section (VBAC)
- Brownell M, De Coster C, Penfold R, Derksen S, Au W, Schultz J, Dahl M. Manitoba Child Health Atlas Update. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2008. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Brownell M, Martens PJ, Kozyrskyj A, Fergusson P, Lerfald J, Mayer T, Derksen S, Friesen D. Assessing the Health of Children in Manitoba: A Population-Based Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy and Evaluation, 2001. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada