Term: Physical Activity
Last Updated: 2008-11-18
Any activity that increases the heart rate. Physical activity is measured as KKD: Kilocalories expended/Kilogram of body weight/Day. According to the Canadian Community Health Survey (CCHS), a value of 3 or more is "active" (the equivalent to walking approximately one hour per day). A value from 1.5 to 2.9 is "moderately active" and a value of less than 1.5 KKD is "inactive".
- Canadian Community Health Survey (CCHS)
- Energy Expenditure - (CCHS Survey Data)
- Physical Activity - Leisure and Travel - (CCHS Survey Data)
- Physical Activity - Occupational - (CCHS Survey Data)
- Physical Activity Index
- Total Physical Activity Levels - (CCHS Survey Data)
- Brownell M, De Coster C, Penfold R, Derksen S, Au W, Schultz J, Dahl M. Manitoba Child Health Atlas Update. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2008. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada