Max Rady College of Medicine
Term: Home Care, Open Cases (Prevalence)
Last Updated: 2010-08-10
The percentage of the population (all ages) with an open home care case in a year (values shown are the annual average for a two-year period). Some home care clients had more than one case in a year, but were only counted once for this indicator.
Use of home care is identified outside of Winnipeg using clients receiving home care services in the Manitoba Support Services Payroll (MSSP) system. Within Winnipeg home care was identified using the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) Home Care MDS Assessment database. In cases where individuals were found in both the MSSP and MDS data, the MDS data was used (Martens et al., 2010).
- Days Open of Home Care
- Home Care
- Home Care MDS Assessment Data
- Home Care, Average Length of Case (In-Year Days)
- Home Care, Case Closings
- Home Care, New Cases (Incidence)
- Manitoba Support Services Payroll (MSSP) Database
- Open Cases
- Open Home Care Cases (Prevalence)
- Fransoo R, Martens P, Burland E, The Need to Know Team, Prior H, Burchill C. Manitoba RHA Indicators Atlas 2009. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2009. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Martens PJ, Bartlett J, Burland E, Prior H, Burchill C, Huq S, Romphf L, Sanguins J, Carter S, Bailly A. Profile of Metis Health Status and Healthcare Utilization in Manitoba: A Population-Based Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2010. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada