Term: Injury Mortality Causes
Last Updated: 2010-08-11
The distribution of causes of injury deaths by major categories in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) system, based on death data from the
Vital Statistics Mortality Registry Data.
Injury Categories (External Causes, ICD-9-CM)
glossary term for a complete listing of categories.
This included all "E-codes" in the ICD-9-CM system, excluding those for misadventures, reactions, complications, or adverse effects of medical, surgical or pharmaceutical treatments. See a detailed list of exclusions in the External Cause of Injury Codes and Categories concept.
From January 1, 2000, Vital Statistics data were coded using ICD-10, so these codes were converted to ICD-9-CM codes using the conversion file created by the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI).
- External Cause of Injury Codes
- Hospitalization Rates for Injuries
- Injury Categories (External Causes, ICD-9-CM)
- Injury Mortality
- Injury Resulting in Hospitalization or Death
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD)
- Total Mortality by Cause & Injury Mortality by Cause
- Vital Statistics
- Fransoo R, Martens P, Burland E, The Need to Know Team, Prior H, Burchill C. Manitoba RHA Indicators Atlas 2009. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2009. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Martens PJ, Bartlett J, Burland E, Prior H, Burchill C, Huq S, Romphf L, Sanguins J, Carter S, Bailly A. Profile of Metis Health Status and Healthcare Utilization in Manitoba: A Population-Based Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2010. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Chartier M, Finlayson G, Prior H, McGowan K, Chen H, de Rocquigny J, Walld R, Gousseau M. Health and Healthcare Utilization of Francophones in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada