Term: Life Satisfaction - (CCHS Survey Data)
Last Updated: 2012-07-19
Subjective life satisfaction is a measure of an individual's perceived level of well-being and happiness and has been shown to be positively correlated with health status. In the CCHS Survey - Chapter 14, all participants were asked "How satisfied are you with your life in general: Very satisfied, Satisfied, Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied, Dissatisfied, or Very dissatisfied?" Other possible responses include don't know, not stated, or refusal to answer.
Different groupings have been reported in MCHP research. In Fransoo et al. (2009) and Fransoo et al. (2011), respondents were grouped into two categories: "Very satisfied" or "not" (contains all other responses - the low frequency of the last three responses prevented further refinement). In Martens et al. (2010) and Chartier et al. (2012), the crude and adjusted weighted proportion of respondents who were satisfied with life (very satisfied or satisfied) were calculated. Respondents who answered "don't know" or did not answer the question were excluded from analyses.
- Canadian Community Health Survey (CCHS)
- Emotional Well-Being - (CCHS Survey Data)
- Satisfaction with Life - (CCHS Survey Data)
- Fransoo R, Martens P, Burland E, The Need to Know Team, Prior H, Burchill C. Manitoba RHA Indicators Atlas 2009. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2009. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Martens PJ, Bartlett J, Burland E, Prior H, Burchill C, Huq S, Romphf L, Sanguins J, Carter S, Bailly A. Profile of Metis Health Status and Healthcare Utilization in Manitoba: A Population-Based Study. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2010. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Chartier M, Finlayson G, Prior H, McGowan K, Chen H, de Rocquigny J, Walld R, Gousseau M. Health and Healthcare Utilization of Francophones in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Fransoo R, Martens P, Prior H, Chateau D, McDougall C, Schultz J, McGowan K, Soodeen R, Bailly A. Adult Obesity in Manitoba: Prevalence, Associations, and Outcomes. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2011. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada