Term: Winnipeg ICU Database (WICUDB)
Last Updated: 2012-04-20
A clinical database which contains detailed clinical information about all adult ICU admissions in the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA). When it came into existence on July 11, 1988 it only included information from two ICUs at the Health Sciences Centre. From June 1, 1999 onwards, information from all adult ICUs within the WRHA have been included in the WICUDB. Six Winnipeg hospitals contain adult ICUs -- the Health Sciences Centre, St. Boniface General Hospital, Seven Oaks General Hospital, Concordia Hospital, Victoria General Hospital, and the Grace Hospital.
For more information, see the Critical Care / Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Data glossary term.
- Episodes of Care: Methodology of Creating Hospital and ICU (Critical Illness) Episodes
- Record Linkage in Manitoba
- Acute Physiology and Chronic Health Evaluation II (APACHE II)
- Clinical Database
- Critical Care / Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Data
- Database Hospitals (DBH)
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Out of Province Unique Identifier (OOPUI)
- Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA)
- Garland A, Fransoo R, Olafson K, Ramsey C, Yogendran M, Chateau D, McGowan K. The Epidemiology and Outcomes of Critical Illness in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada