Term: Social Isolation
Last Updated: 2012-11-05
Inadequate social support. In Heaman et al. (2012), it describes women who lack social support and/or are experiencing seclusion in terms of culture, language, or geography as assessed by the public health nurse on the Families First Screening Form.
- Families First Screen (FFS) / Screening Form
- Peripartum Social Isolation
- Prenatal and Family Risk Factors
- Public Health Nurses (PHNs)
- Heaman M, Kingston D, Helewa M, Brownell M, Derksen S, Bogdanovic B, McGowan K, Bailly A. Perinatal Services and Outcomes in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada