Term: Manitoba Housing and Community Development (Manitoba Housing)
Last Updated: 2013-06-05
A department within the Manitoba Government whose mandate encompasses a range of housing and community development programs and activities. This includes safeguarding an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. This department is also tasked with sustaining and improving the condition of existing social housing, as well as stimulating and influencing the activities of the housing market to the benefit of Manitobans as a whole.
Source: Manitoba Housing and Community Development. A Complementary and Integrated Approach. http://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/about.html - accessed October 23, 2012.
For more information on the types of housing programs offered by the government of Manitoba, see Appendix 1 - Social Housing Programs in the Social Housing in Manitoba deliverable.
- Directly Managed Housing
- Manitoba Housing Buildings
- Manitoba Housing Co-Applicant
- Manitoba Housing Dependents
- Manitoba Housing Primary Applicant
- Manitoba Housing Project
- Manitoba Housing Special Use Unit
- Manitoba Housing Unit
- Resident in Social Housing
- Social Housing
- Tenant Management System (TMS)
- Tenant Management System (TMS) Data
- Finlayson G, Smith M, Burchill C, Towns D, Peeler W, Soodeen RA, Prior H, Huq S, Guenette W. Social Housing in Manitoba. Part I: Manitoba Social Housing Data. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2013. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Smith M, Finlayson G, Martens P, Dunn J, Prior H, Taylor C, Soodeen RA, Burchill C, Guenette W, Hinds A. Social Housing in Manitoba. Part II: Social Housing and Health in Manitoba: A First Look. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2013. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada