Term: Drug Data Support Files
Last Updated: 2014-06-25
This drug-based file, updated annually, was created at MCHP to enable creation of DIN lists over time from a given set of drug names or ATC classes. Value-added pieces include carrier listings specific to the Province of Manitoba for active and discontinued products, Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification (ATC) codes, defined daily dosages (DDD), standardized drug strength values, the time period for which the Drug Identification Number is active, deductible justifications (dpclapp file for co-applicants), mean expected costs, and other indicators to denote characteristics such as over-the-counter prescribing and veterinary use.
For more information on Drug Data Support Files data, see:
- Drug Data Support Files Data Description that contains a brief summary of the content of the data set and information on the Source Agency, Purpose, Years, Type, Size, Data Level, Components, Scope, Data Collection Method, Data Highlights, Data Cautions, Access Requirements, More Information, and Last Updated date.
- Creating Drug Identification Number (DIN) Lists Using the SPD Server Updated DIN Master (UDM) File
- Use and Identification of Specific Drugs in Clinical Research
- Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical (ATC) Drug Classification System
- Defined Daily Dose (DDD)
- Drug Identification Number (DIN)
- Drug Identification Number (DIN) Master File
- Drug Product Database (DPD)
- Drug Program Information Network (DPIN) Data
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada