Max Rady College of Medicine
Term: ICD Conversion Files
Last Updated: 2015-01-21
As data support files, the ICD Conversion Files provide a crosswalk for matching ICD-10-CA diagnosis codes and Canadian Classification of Health Interventions (CCI) codes with corresponding ICD-9-CM codes. These files are useful for studies covering a time period prior to and after the date when the version of ICD coding changed in the
Vital Statistics Mortality Registry data
Hospital Abstracts data.
For more detailed information on the ICD Conversion Files, see:
- ICD Conversion File Data Description that contains a brief summary of the content of the data set and information on the Source Agency, Purpose, Years, Type, Size, Data Level, Components, Scope, Data Collection Method, Data Highlights, Data Cautions, Access Requirements, More Information, and Last Updated date.
ICD Conversion Files
developed by CIHI are only available for use by researchers who have approvals to use the Hospital Discharge Abstracts data and/or Vital Statistics Registry data held in the MCHP Data Repository, as part of an agreement between Manitoba Health and the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI).
The CIHI ICD conversion files are proprietary information and cannot be provided to third parties by MCHP as part of this agreement, but may be acquired directly from CIHI.
- For more information on the CIHI ICD conversion files, please see the following CIHI Online Store web page: Conversion Tables (for use with ICD-10-CA/CCI) or contact CIHI directly.
- Canadian Classification of Health Interventions (CCI)
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD)
- International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, with Canadian Enhancements (ICD-10-CA)
- International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, with Clinical Modifications (ICD-9-CM)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada