Max Rady College of Medicine
Term: Acute Care Hospitals
Last Updated: 2012-04-20
Hospitals providing acute care services such as emergency services and general medical and surgical treatment for acute disorders. Excludes long term and rehabilitation hospitals (e.g., Deer Lodge, Riverview) and special purpose facilities such as the Manitoba Adolescent Treatment Centre and Eden Mental Health Centre.
For a listing of Acute Care Hospitals in Manitoba, see Apendix Table A3.2: Acute Care Hospitals in Manitoba in Garland et al., 2012.
- Acute Admissions
- Acute Care
- Acute Care Facilities
- Discharge Abstract Database (DAD)
- Inappropriate Admissions
- Personal Care Home (PCH)
- Short Stay (Care)
- Finlayson G, Reimer J, Dahl M, Stargardter M, McGowan K. The Direct Cost of Hospitalizations in Manitoba, 2005/06. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2009. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
Term used in
- Bruce S, Black C, Burchill C, De Haney S. Profile of Medical Patients who were Assessed as Requiring Observation-Level Services at Winnipeg Acute Care Hospitals in 1998/99. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2002. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Chartier M, Finlayson G, Prior H, McGowan K, Chen H, de Rocquigny J, Walld R, Gousseau M. Health and Healthcare Utilization of Francophones in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- De Coster C, Peterson S, Kasian P. Alternatives to Acute Care . Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health and Evaluation, 1996. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Garland A, Fransoo R, Olafson K, Ramsey C, Yogendran M, Chateau D, McGowan K. The Epidemiology and Outcomes of Critical Illness in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada