Term: Assisted Vaginal Birth
Last Updated: 2012-11-05
Vaginal births that were assisted by the means of forceps or vacuum extraction.
A birth was considered to be assisted if one or more of the following procedure / intervention codes were present:
ICD-9-CM: 72.0, 72.1, 72.2, 72.3, 72.4, 72.71, 72.7, or 72.79; OR
- CCI: 5.MD.53.KL, 5.MD.53.KK, 5.MD.53.KN, 5.MD.53.KM, 5.MD.53.KJ, 5.MD.53.KH, 5.MD.55.^^, 5.MD.54.^^, 5.MD.53.KS, 5.MD.53.KP, 5.MD.53.JE, or 5.MD.53.JD.
- Canadian Classification of Health Interventions (CCI)
- International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, with Clinical Modifications (ICD-9-CM)
- Spontaneous Vaginal Birth
- Vacuum Extraction
- Vaginal Birth
- Heaman M, Kingston D, Helewa M, Brownell M, Derksen S, Bogdanovic B, McGowan K, Bailly A. Perinatal Services and Outcomes in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada