Term: Ectopic Pregnancy
Last Updated: 2012-11-05
"Implantation of the fertilized ovum outside the uterine cavity; common sites are the abdomen, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. Also called oocyesis." (Olds SB et al., 2004).
- For a list of abortion and ectopic pregnancy diagnosis and procedure/intervention codes used in Brownell et al. (2008) see the Abortion_Ectopic_Preg_Diagnosis_and_Proc_Interv_Codes-CHA-2008.pdf document.
- International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, with Canadian Enhancements (ICD-10-CA)
- International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, with Clinical Modifications (ICD-9-CM)
- Molar Pregnancy
- Teenage Pregnancy
- Olds SB, London ML, Wieland PA, Davidson MR. Maternal-Newborn Nursing and Women's Health Care. 7th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education Inc. 2004.(View)
- Brownell M, De Coster C, Penfold R, Derksen S, Au W, Schultz J, Dahl M. Manitoba Child Health Atlas Update. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2008. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Heaman M, Kingston D, Helewa M, Brownell M, Derksen S, Bogdanovic B, McGowan K, Bailly A. Perinatal Services and Outcomes in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada