Max Rady College of Medicine
Term: Models of Primary Care
Last Updated: 2016-11-15
Primary care is delivered in a wide range of manners across Canada. In Winnipeg, there are five models of primary care delivery. Two models of primary care delivery are based on the traditional fee-for-service model, wherein primary care providers submit billing claims based on patient visits to the Government of Manitoba. The three other models of primary care utilize an alternative funding mechanism for their primary care providers. See the Models of Primary Care Delivery concept for more details regarding these models.
- Community Health Clinic Model of Primary Care
- Fee-For-Service (FFS) Model of Primary Care
- Physician Integrated Network (PIN) Fee-For-Service (FFS) Model of Primary Care
- Teaching Clinic Model of Primary Care
- WRHA Primary Care Model of Primary Care
- Katz A, Valdivia J, Chateau D, Taylor C, Walld R, McCulloch S, Becker C, Ginter J. A Comparison of Models of Primary Care Delivery in Winnipeg. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2016. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada