Term: Teaching Clinic Model of Primary Care
Last Updated: 2016-11-15
There are three clinics whose primary responsibility is the training of family medicine residents. These clinics are funded through different funding mechanisms due to their mandate for education, with primary care providers being funded through a similar mechanism as the Community Health clinics and WRHA Primary Care models. The vast majority of care at these sites is provided by family physicians in training under the supervision of their preceptors.
For more information on the Teaching Clinic model of primary care, please read section 5. Teaching Clinic in the Models of Primary Care Delivery concept.
- Community Health Clinic Model of Primary Care
- Fee-For-Service (FFS) Model of Primary Care
- Models of Primary Care
- Physician Integrated Network (PIN) Fee-For-Service (FFS) Model of Primary Care
- WRHA Primary Care Model of Primary Care
- Katz A, Valdivia J, Chateau D, Taylor C, Walld R, McCulloch S, Becker C, Ginter J. A Comparison of Models of Primary Care Delivery in Winnipeg. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2016. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada