Term: Community Health Clinic Model of Primary Care
Last Updated: 2016-11-15
Community Health Clinics are located throughout the city of Winnipeg and provide a variety of different health and social services; some clinics focus on particular practice areas or population groups (e.g., Francophones, women), while others provide general care. They are operated by Community Boards. Primary care providers at these clinics receive alternative funding or are funded on a sessional basis.
For more information on the Community Health Clinic model of primary care, please read section 4. Community Health Clinic in the Models of Primary Care Delivery concept.
- Fee-For-Service (FFS) Model of Primary Care
- Models of Primary Care
- Physician Integrated Network (PIN) Fee-For-Service (FFS) Model of Primary Care
- Teaching Clinic Model of Primary Care
- WRHA Primary Care Model of Primary Care
- Katz A, Valdivia J, Chateau D, Taylor C, Walld R, McCulloch S, Becker C, Ginter J. A Comparison of Models of Primary Care Delivery in Winnipeg. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2016. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada