Max Rady College of Medicine
Term: Physician Resource Database
Last Updated: 2014-07-03
The Physician Resource Database is "an elaboration of the basic physician information available to the Manitoba Population Research Data Repository (Repository) from Manitoba Health. It contains physicians' demographic data and information derived from analysis of their practice patterns. These data can be used to analyze other components of the Repository from the perspective of physicians." (Frohlich et al., 2006).
Physician-related data can be extracted from several files (e.g.: Medical Services, the MCHP Provider Registry and Hospital Discharge Abstracts) in the Repository depending on the needs of individual projects. The term Physician Resource Database is specific to MCHP publications and refers to the broad collection of physician-related data in the MCHP Repository, including project-specific analyses (e.g.: patterns of practice) performed by additional programming efforts with this data for individual projects.
Physician Resource Database
is not the same as the MCHP
The Provider Registry is a specific MCHP data set that is also known as the
Physician Master File
at Manitoba Health.
- Hospital Abstracts Data
- Manitoba Population Research Data Repository (Repository)
- Medical Services / Medical Claims Data
- Physician Practice Location
- Provider Registry Data
- Specialist Physicians (SP)
- Frohlich N, Katz A, De Coster C, Dik N, Soodeen RA, Watson D, Bogdanovic B. Profiling Primary Care Physician Practice in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2006. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Term used in
- Chateau D, Enns M, Ekuma O, Koseva I, McDougall C, Kulbaba C, Allegro E. Evaluation of the Manitoba IMPRxOVE Program. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2015. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- De Coster C, Chateau D, Dahl M, Soodeen RA, McKeen N. Waiting Times for Surgery, Manitoba 1999/2000 to 2003/04. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2007. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Katz A, Bogdanovic B, Ekuma O, Soodeen RA, Chateau D, Burnett C. Physician Resource Projection Models . Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2009. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Katz A, Martens P, Chateau D, Bogdanovic B, Koseva I, McDougall C, Boriskewich E. Understanding the Health System Use of Ambulatory Care Patients. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2013. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada