Term: Provider Registry Data
Last Updated: 2014-10-14
The Provider Registry (previously known as the Physician Resource File) contains "snapshots" of provider and practice information obtained quarterly from Manitoba Health. Details about physicians and nurse practitioners, and their practices are available in this registry, including specialty, age, location of training, years of practice, payment methods, workloads, and practice groups.
The data set name
is specific to MCHP. It is also referred to as the
Physician Master File
in MCHP documentation and in conversation with Manitoba Health. The Physician Master File also appears as PMF in some related documentation.
- The term Physician Resource File was used on the HIPC submission form but it is no longer available on the form (as of April 2014).
Provider Registry Data Description
that contains a brief summary of the content of the data set and information on the Source Agency, Purpose, Years, Type, Size, Data Level, Components, Scope, Data Collection Method, Data Highlights, Data Cautions, Access Requirements, More Information, and Last Updated date;
- MCHP Metadata Repository - Provider Registry (Physician Master File) - [Internal Access Only] - for technical and programming related information, including an Overview, Data Model, Data Quality, Data Dictionary, Documents and Reports, and Blog.
- Patient Allocation Algorithm: Assigning Patients to Physicians, Physician Groups or Clinics
- Physician Characteristics
- Physician Characteristics - Primary Care Group Practices
- Physician Consultation Visits
- Electronic User Site Location (EUSL) Data
- Family Physician (FP) / Family Physicians
- Physician Resource Database
- Specialist Physicians (SP)
- Katz A, Chateau D, Bogdanovic B, Taylor C, McGowan K-L, Rajotte L, Dziadek J. Physician Integrated Network: A Second Look. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2014. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] (View)
- Smith M, Finlayson G, Martens P, Dunn J, Prior H, Taylor C, Soodeen RA, Burchill C, Guenette W, Hinds A. Social Housing in Manitoba. Part II: Social Housing and Health in Manitoba: A First Look. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2013. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Fransoo R, Martens P, The Need to Know Team, Prior H, Burchill C, Koseva I, Bailly A, Allegro E. The 2013 RHA Indicators Atlas. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2013. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada