Term: Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI-MDS 2.0©)
Last Updated: 2011-02-22
An assessment tool, including a set of assessment items, clinical assessment protocols, and outcome reports by the Centre for Health Systems Research and Analysis at the University of Wisconsin designed to improve the quality of clinical needs assessments and care planning for Personal Care Home (PCH) residents. This instrument has been mandated for use by PCHs in the United States, and is also being utilized currently by select provinces in Canada, as well as by the WRHA in Manitoba. Minimum Data Set (MDS) data are a component of the RAI designed to report function and cognitive performance, indicators of social supports, and other resident characteristics.
See Appendix 2 in Doupe et al. (2011), titled Getting to Know the RAI-MDS 2.0© System: Detailed Results for more information.
- Cognitive Performance Scale (CPS)
- Long Term Care (LTC) MDS Assessment Data
- Minimum Data Set (MDS)
- Minimum Data Set (MDS) Assessment
- Personal Care Home (PCH)
- Personal Care Home (PCH) Residents
- Resident Assessment Instrument-Home Care (RAI-HC©)
- Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA)
- Doupe M, Fransoo R, Chateau D, Dik N, Burchill C, Soodeen R-A, Bozat-Emre S, Guenette W. Population Aging and the Continuum of Older Adult Care in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2011. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Doupe M, Brownell M, Kozyrskyj A, Dik N, Burchill C, Dahl M, Chateau D, De Coster C, Hinds A, Bodnarchuk J. Using Administrative Data to Develop Indicators of Quality Care in Personal Care Homes. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2006. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Chateau D, Doupe M, Walld R, Soodeen R, Ouelette C, Rajotte L. Projecting Personal Care Home Bed Equivalent Needs in Manitoba Through 2036. Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] [Updates and Errata] (View)
- Doupe M, Brownell M, McDougall C, Koseva I, Dik N, McCulloch S, Sarkar J. Strategies for Developing a Personal Care Home Report Card in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2019. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada