Term: Intervention Group
Last Updated: 2015-01-29
The group of participants receiving treatment in randomized control trials and other epidemiological study designs.
In Chateau et al. (2015), "treatment" consisted of an educational mailing package that physicians in the intervention group received when they triggered a quality indicator. The intervention group was compared to the control group.
For more information on case control and other types of epidemiological studies, please read the Study Design and Methods documentation, available on the MCHP web site.
- Control Group
- Educational Mailing Package
- Educational Mailing Package Rate
- Intention-to-Treat Analysis
- Quality Indicator (QI) - IMPRxOVE Program
- Quality Indicator Trigger Rates (QI Trigger Rates)
- Randomized Controlled Trial (RCT)
- Chateau D, Enns M, Ekuma O, Koseva I, McDougall C, Kulbaba C, Allegro E. Evaluation of the Manitoba IMPRxOVE Program. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2015. [Report] [Summary] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada