Term: Any Mental Disorder / Any Mental Health Disorder / Any Mental Illness
Last Updated: 2020-05-06
This is a term used in MCHP research to describe a combination of individual mental illnesses / mental health disorders that are grouped together for analysis in the research. Various combinations of individual mental illnesses have been used, depending on the research.
For example, in Chartier et al. (2018) , they defined "any mental illness" to include at least one of the following disorders: mood and anxiety disorders, substance use disorders, psychotic disorders (including schizophrenia) and personality disorders.
In Chartier et al. (2016) , they investigated "any mental disorder" in children and their definition included: attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) conduct disorder, substance use disorders, mood and anxiety disorders and psychotic disorders (including schizophrenia) in children aged 6-19, and for children 6-12, excluded substance use disorders and psychotic disorders.
In earlier research, Fransoo et al. (2009) and Chartier et al. (2012), the terms cumulative mental illness / cumulative mental health disorders were used.
Please read the Mental Disorder / Mental Health Disorder / Mental Health Illness Classification concept for more information.
- Cumulative Mental Illness / Cumulative Mental Health Disorders
- Mental Health Disorder / Mental Disorder
- Chartier M, Bolton J, Mota N, MacWilliam L, Ekuma O, Nie Y, McDougall C, Srisakuldee W, McCulloch S. Mental Illness Among Adult Manitobans. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2018. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Chartier M, Finlayson G, Prior H, McGowan K, Chen H, de Rocquigny J, Walld R, Gousseau M. Health and Healthcare Utilization of Francophones in Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2012. [Report] [Summary] (View)
- Chartier M, Brownell M, MacWilliam L, Valdivia J, Nie Y, Ekuma O, Burchill C, Hu M, Rajotte L, Kulbaba C. The Mental Health of Manitoba's Children. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2016. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
- Fransoo R, Martens P, Burland E, The Need to Know Team, Prior H, Burchill C. Manitoba RHA Indicators Atlas 2009. Winnipeg, MB: Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, 2009. [Report] [Summary] [Additional Materials] (View)
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine,
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences,
Room 408-727 McDermot Ave.
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3P5 Canada